HI-GRADE moved into its current facility located at 140 Commerce Drive, Schaumburg, IL 60173. HI-Grade’s new facility doubled the square footage of its previous location.
HI-GRADE diversified to include a sheet metal department.
HI-GRADE diversified to include a CNC machining department.
HI-GRADE started a contract welding business in a 2,500 sq. ft. facility in Franklin Park, IL. It welded molds for the plastics industry, as well as fabrications and frames for OEM’s and subcontractors.
HL Precision Machining acquired Design & Manufacturing, Inc. at 302 W. Division Street, Fisher, IL 61843, as its second location on Oct. 1, 2013. Following this acquisition, the company’s capabilities broadened to the point that the decision was made to rename the company as HL Precision Manufacturing.
HL Precision Machining moved from its previous location at 1302 Parkland Court, Champaign, IL 61821. HL renovated what used to be Jerry’s IGA into its own, personalized facility. Since December 2011, the company has resided at 2110 Round Barn Road, Champaign, IL 61821.
Steve Hillard, bought the machining company from the original owners on July 1, 2006, and named it HL Precision Machining. “HL” represents the original co-owners Harlan and Lash.
HL Precision Manufacturing was formed by two men named Don Harlan and Elmer Lash who started a machine out of their garages. In 1984, they began their company and named it Harlan and Lash Machining. The two owners moved their company to Parkland Court in Champaign, Illinois, in the late 1980’s.